Creative Twinning Design Showcase - deadline extended to 25th Jan!
View and download the Information Document here
View and download the Exhibition Application Form here
Nottingham, Karlsruhe & New York March 2014Creative Twinning invite applications from designers based in Karlsruhe to join Nottingham and New York Designers for a showcase of their artwork and to share experiences of running a design business. The successful applicants will be invited to make a visit to Nottingham, UK in which they have the opportunity to:
1.Take part in a Creative Twinning Showcase with an agreed selection of work at:
Debbie Bryan Studio & Shop, 18 St Mary's Gate, Lace Market, Nottingham NG1 1PH www.debbiebryan.co.uk
Showcase dates Saturday 1st March – Saturday 3rd May 2014
Work to arrive at venue by Tuesday 24th February and any unsold work will be returned to Karlsruhe by the end of May 2014.
With a Private view, Drinks & canapés during your visit to Nottingham on 27th March
2. Showcase an agreed selection of work alongside Creative Twinning Designers in the Apsidal Gallery, Rufford Abbey Country Park from March-May http://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/enjoying/countryside/countryparks/rufford/
3. Share your story with an invited audience of like-minded designers, entrepreneurs & creative industrie
4. Participate in formal and informal networking and awareness raising events
5.Visit retail outlets and introduce your work to build links
Please note: The artist is responsible for all postage costs, including the return of your work
The visit will take place between Thursday 27th – 30th Sunday March 2014, candidates need to be available to visit Nottingham for these dates.
To apply please provide your full contact details, a brief CV and a one page summary (in English) of:
1. Your product;
2. The story of your commercial success and any obstacles you face;
3. Your customers and why they buy your products;
4. Any awards or competitions you have been considered for.
Please also include 5 recent images of your work and any web-links. You must also complete a worksheet with information about the work you would bring for the showcase.(Download above)
The closing date for applications is Friday 24th January 2014
Our contact in Karlsruhe is Angelika Schmidt, City of Karlsruhe, Culture Office - Department of International Relations. E-mail: email@example.com
She is willing to assist with queries about the project.
But applications must be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org